En Provence Mystery Quilt

Friday, December 19, 2014

New Handi Quilter Frame!

Well this week has been incredibly busy for me....One concert, one play, busy, busy get ready for Christmas.  I have thoroughly enjoyed it but wow, I need some snuggle with the kiddos, watch movies and hibernate time!....

At the beginning of the week a wonderful lady named Nancy, from my local Quilt Guild, gifted me with an original Handi-Quilter frame.  Her only stipulation, to pass it on to someone who will utilize it if I should ever want to upgrade, or if I am simply not using it.  It was the absolute best Christmas present anyone could have given me!

The quilt in front of the machine is my practice sandwich and I decided the dogs should have it, so on the binding goes.

The quilting is not nearly as pretty as I would like, it's uneven and choppy, but practice should help.  I recently learned that speed is your friend on this frame, so I upped my speed after this and things are looking better.

After my practice sandwich was done I put a Christmas Log Cabin I had been wanting to finish on the frame.





Every available moment this week, I have spent quilting,  and I love it!!!!  


Unfortunately, because I have been so involved with my new toy,  I have done very little on the Bonnie Hunter Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt, http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/12/grand-illusion-part-4.html,  however;  I did manage to finish 40 of the blocks for the week 3 clue.

I think, so far, this is my favorite clue.  Today was the release day for clue number 4 though, so I have some serious catch up to do!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun Sara! Thank you for sharing....I'm loving your colors for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year of quilty fun!

    ReplyDelete