En Provence Mystery Quilt

Monday, December 8, 2014

Grand Illusion, Part 2!

Once again, first thing on Friday, after the kids were off to school, I grabbed my cup of coffee and went on Facebook to see if Bonnie Hunter had posted the new clue for week 2!

I followed her link http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/grand-illusion-mystery.html, printed the clue and got started!

This week Bonnie gave us three options for making Double Diamond Units.  The first and second involved templates.  I have had experience in the past with templates and they are not my first option just because I don't enjoy them, though they can be very precise.  When using small scraps sometimes they are the best option.

I decided to do her third option with a bit of modification.  I used the Easy Angle Ruler to cut my fabric instead of cutting squares, simply because I am low on black fabric.

Here is a picture of the Easy Angle Ruler, (which comes in different sizes):



and here is a shot of how I cut my strips to save on fabric.



Here are some completed units.  I have 43 done at this time, hopefully I will have time this week to finish.




And this is just fun!







If you would like to see others progress just follow this link: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-2.html

Enjoy!

1 comment: