En Provence Mystery Quilt

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Scrappy Dresden Plate Quilt

Earlier in the year my local quilt guild brought in a teacher to teach Scrappy Dresden Plates...This class was an absolute blast!  It is such an awesome way to utilize scrap fabric in a fun way.  The possibilities are endless.  I used a black background and a lilac backing... Please consider making dresden plates if you want to use up your scraps in a way you didn't think possible!



A close up of one of the dresdens.


I quilted it on my dsm using a vine/leaf pattern throughout the black and then each dresden is quilted in a different manner


 I initially hand bound the back of the binding to the quilt but I just did not feel like it was sturdy enough..so I used the embroidery function on my Grandmothers Huskvarna to re-attach the borders to the back.


I have already washed it, hence; the crinkly look.



Have fun playing with scraps!
  

1 comment:

  1. This is GORGEOUS Sara!!! Im so excited to see it all finished and even better than I pictured it on black! (I knew you'd exceed expectations by far! Even your own) Great Job...I love the lace, so sweet. Now I'm excited to get mine done, Thank you for the inspiration my friend.

    ReplyDelete