En Provence Mystery Quilt

Monday, September 21, 2015

Holiday Table Decorations

All last week I prepared for a community wide sale to raise money for the local
Community Hall.  I had three table toppers I wanted to finish and some mug rugs so that I had some small items to include.  

My first table runner utilized a combination of holiday prints and others for good measure.  No pattern was utilized, I just threw strips together in an orderly fashion.  You could use any size strips and it would be pretty, especially using holiday fabric.
I quilted it with feathers and swirls.




My other two table runners used some more holiday fabric and are a bit simpler than my first. 




The mug rugs were so much fun, I quilted them with a feather motif and straight lines.




I opted to rent a table to show my quilts and thought I would bring my business card.  My town is small-meaning-really small.  I believe somewhere in the area of 250 so I truly was not expecting to sell anything but I did think it would get my feet wet so to speak on putting my items out to be seen.  It ended up being a very positive experience.  I didn't sell anything, but I had the opportunity to meet different individuals in the community and discuss one of my loves, quilting.


I definitely need to work on my presenting skills.  Maybe purchase some hanging bars for hanging my quilts.  All in all a fun experience that I learned a lot from.



No comments:

Post a Comment