En Provence Mystery Quilt

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Woven Fence Christmas Quilt

About a month ago I went on a fantastic road trip with my local Boulder River Quilt Guild.  We visited the town of Great Falls and four Quilt shops I personally had never been to before.  It was a trip with lots of laughs, roads that probably shouldn't have been driven, (friends you know what I am talking about), and the chance to build even stronger ties with this group of woman.  I truly feel blessed to live in such a blessed community of authentic women.

While visiting one quilt shop I found a kit with gorgeous Christmas fabrics. All the fabrics for the top were included, I had to buy the backing separately.  It also included the pattern:  "Weave it to Me, Black Cat Creations, Designed by Judy Dohrman."  It just so happened that I was looking for Christmas fabric for a quilt I planned to donate to my sons local Robotics team for a raffle.  When I saw this I really wanted to make it.  

I set out to make this as quickly as possible.  The intent was to raffle it off at the local Boulder Christmas Bazaar..  Thankfully, my quilt guild has had two sew-in dates where we sew till we drop all weekend.  I was able to almost complete the quilt top the first weekend and I finished quilting and binding it this last weekend.  Just in time! 




I decided to quilt it in a scroll pattern.  Maybe I will call it Elegant Scroll?  I played a lot on paper first to find something I liked.



No comments:

Post a Comment