En Provence Mystery Quilt

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Grand Illusion Finish!

I am so happy I chose to do Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt, http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/grand-illusion-mystery.html.  I have learned an absolute ton and I am tickled by the final results.  Because I chose to not use my green sashing in the original quilt and instead make a separate lap quilt I think they both reflect more of who I am.  



That little cutie in the right hand corner was my assistant in hanging this quilt.  


 I absolutely love the backing!  It is Moda's El Gallo Rooster fabric and I think it totally makes the quilt.  A wonderful lady from my local quilt guild found it at Prickly Pear Quilts and I instantly knew it was IT....

I did an all over meander on my Handi Quilter table top frame.  I also really wanted to do something different on the binding so I sewed it on the front by machine and then flipped to the back and embroidered all the way around.

Finally my bonus quilt, finished!  I gave this one to my oldest niece as a moving out present.  I am so proud of her!


1 comment:

  1. Sara, These are beautiful examples of Your Art and Creativity! And you know I love that embroidery on the binding. Glad to see you so happy with these, I am too! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete